
Well the end of the school year finally came. I guess that is what I get for teaching in a year round school, "the end of the year" being in July! Oh well, I love my kiddos. Graduation was a great success. The kids were so cute and did such a great job. We worked so hard practicing our routine, parts, and appropriate behavior during graduation and they all came through and did perfect! I was so proud! The theme was a 50's Sock Hop and the girls all had pink poodle skirts and the boys wore jeans and t-shirts. They looked great. They did a routine to the song "Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath" then changed into their caps and gowns for the traditional part of the graduation. Later we had a big "Sock Hop" with hamburgers & milkshakes and even a DJ! The kids and parents all had a great time. Then we finished up our last few days of school with our last day being Thursday (the 31st). It was a bittersweet day as we had to say our good-byes. I realized that I have the hardest job out of all the other teachers at my school because I have to say good-bye to my kids for good. The other teachers still see their kids next year as they will just be right down the hall. The kids really seemed to get that it was their last day as we had talked a lot about it and read some social stories to help get them prepared. They even practiced saying good-bye to each of their peers, it was so sweet. Well now we're on summer break finally, YAY! And Shane & I are packing for our cruise, we leave tomorrow!!!! I get until August 25th off and then it will be time to shape and mold a new group of kiddos. I hope you all are having a great summer, we'll be thinking of you when we're in the Caribbean!!









No comments:
Post a Comment