Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Life, Love, Blessings, & Believing
Wow! These last two months have been so busy and filled with so many up and down moments. Our ministry at the apartments has really taken off and we love every minute of it. The Lord continues to show His hand in everything that we do. He is truly a Lord of love and we get reminded of this when we feel like we can't go through with our busy schedules on our own. He always brings us through with love and excitement!
School has been good, but of course the first few months have been quite trying as we are getting our routine down and all of the children are getting adjusted to all of my rules and expectations! Parent conferences and 6 month assessments have been completed and now we're getting ready for Halloween Parties and Thanksgiving break! The class is doing great now and I finally feel like I'm getting into a groove. Shane is doing well and has been enjoying working with his Dad. He is learning a lot about the construction industry and we both enjoy that we're now on the same schedule!
Other than our ministry, work, and all of our fabulous adventures with our amazing friends, life has thrown some other curve balls our way here and there, but our God who is fully in control always brings us through no matter what. One such curve ball came when a mass was found in my mom's lung. Throughout all of the scare of the situation and the uncertainty of the testing, we had to trust in the Lord that it was all in His hands. Through the amazing power of prayer and the healing of our almighty Father, the tests to determine if the mass was cancerous came back negative and the mass is even shrinking on its own! WOW! We serve a powerful God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Holy Smokes... I had no idea about your mom. I am so sorry you guys had to go through that, but also glad that you were able to experience God's healing and peace. Hang in there!
Eric
I second Eric. I am so sorry you and your family went through that scare - but it is also a reminder of hope in all situations - thank you for sharing an example of the power of prayer =) I am thankful the doctors had all good news!
Post a Comment